Tuesday 6 January 2009

Twelfth Night

Today was another Swedish holiday - this time, Twelfth Night. There seems to be one a month, on average - not that I'm complaining. I spent it in the way any self-respecting Englishman would - cleaning. Cleaning the floors mostly, and what a lot of floors there are too. The utlity room is a little larger than my bedroom was in England.

Yesterday was my first day officially working at Bombadil Publishing. I set up my office in the morning and updated the Bombadil website in the afternoon. See www.bombadilpublishing.com - please report all dodgy grammar and broken links. I know the webshop leaves a little to be desired in the presentation stakes; we're currently working out how to edit the text there. It was written by someone whose first language is not English, so they've done well.



As you will note, my office sports the latest in invisible computer equipment.

Could "twelfth" be the only word in the English language to have both "f" and "th" in tandem?

No comments: