Monday 26 January 2009

House progress

Apologies, my loyal readership, I have been attending to business other than blogging! Here's what has been happening (mostly in pictures).



Conny the carpenter has finished the walls of Sara's bedroom and will be returning next Monday to fit the door and install a door to the bathroom, which is missing. He has also repaired the lock of what is currently the back door, but will become the front door once the alterations are complete.



These lockers were lying in the old changing room, I was going to throw them away. Sara for some reason took a fancy to them and will be using them as a wardrobe in her bedroom. So long as I never have to see them again, that's fine.



This is the old changing room, which I have spent all weekend converting into the guest bedroom. I've cleared all the junk out, removed the lockers, dismantled the changing cubicles, taken down the ducting that was coursing its way across the ceiling, painted the walls, laid carpet tiles and finally vacuumed 30 years worth of dead bees out of the light fittings. It's looking habitable now.



This is the coat rack and I'm actually quite excited about it. I'm not sure why, perhaps it's just a sign of civilisation. The light will be moved, its position is less than ideal...

No comments: