Friday 5 December 2008

Marianne and family have arrived (as predicted in yesterday's entry)

Marianne, Niklas, Alex and Josephine have arrived today, marking the official arrival of Bombadil Publishing in Nora. The complete tranquillity in building 1010 has been shattered and an organised but exciting chaos ensues!

I'm over in the peace and quiet of the Relaxation Suite, watching the lights on the far shore of the lake reflect in the flat calm water. There was a light sprinkling of snow this afternoon which has settled, making everything pristine and white.

On a more practical note, the carpet is down! I've never been on my knees for so long in my life, but I am happy to report that the 1000 sq ft living room is now carpeted. Well, except for a few tiles by the door where there is currently a stack of unused tiles standing around 150 high and I'm not moving them tonight. Carpet tiles weigh a ton! Tomorrow morning at round 07.00 Marianne's moving guys will commence unloading. I'll drop in for breakfast at around 10.00 and see how it's going. Then maybe in the afternoon I'll finish painting the bedroom...

No comments: