Wednesday 3 December 2008

Decorating is nearing completion!

Marianne and her entourage arrive tomorrow! I have nearly finished decorating the living room; about two thirds of the carpet tiles are down. The room has a circumference of 51 meters and every tile has to be cut so it fits snugly against the wall, or around pipework, or into doorways. It has been a very long day (as it has been all week, hence the lack of updates) but the room is starting to come together; the carpet is setting the walls off very well. I've also moved the concert grand piano (how much does a concert grand weigh?) without crashing it into a pillar and the large antique cupboardy thing. I've just got to finish the carpet tomorrow and paint a window frame that I somehow overlooked and it's finished! It's a great space in an old industrial building, high ceilings, big windows, interesting fuseboxes etc; it'll make a great place to entertain. If you can play the piano, please let me know. I've managed the theme to 'Local Hero' with one finger, which seems like rather a watste of such a beautiful instrument. I may have pianists' fingers, but a pianist I am not.

No comments: