Tuesday 9 December 2008

Books and paint (a recurring theme)

Yesterday, I spent almost the entire day levelling Marianne's bookshelves. 3000 books take a lot of shelf space, and the floor in the living room is particularly wonky. It took lots of wedges to correct a deviation of nearly 3 inches from end to end.

Today, Marianne, Niklas, Alex and Josephine have flown to England to visit the children's grandfather, so peace has descended once more. I have custody of Pixie, a miniature Doberman, who is currently asleep in her basket by my desk in the Relaxation Suite. She's been following me around all day and even sat faithfully outside the sauna. Other than that, I painted some more of the bathroom and decided on the colour scheme for the Relaxation Suite, having consulted with Sara. I have to go and buy some more paint tomorrow morning (as well as picking up some groceries) so I'll get some colour charts and see if the colours I want actually exist.

Sara will be bringing her worldly possessions (well the worldly possessions that she will be moving from Trolhattan to Nora) on 21 December, so hopefully that will fill this huge house up a bit. Marianne and Niklas have also approved the plans for partition walls; the carpenter has been to have a look but is a bit pushed for time. We will probably appoint him to erect the studwork, then I will put up the plasterboard and lining paper.

No comments: