Wednesday 10 December 2008

Day two of dog "ownership"

Having a dog is a new experience for me. Pixie has been following me around all day like a shadow. It was a bit disconcerting at first, but I'm getting used to it. I suppose she normally has a choice of five people to be with, but now it's just me. Being Marianne's dog, she's completely bonkers. She also has an identity crisis. If you want her to come, calling "Pixie!" is not particularly effective. Shouting "Pot!" or "Pot Head!" works quite well, though. I am assured that this is short for "potty-head", which in turn is not a reference to a small child's toilet equipment (as in potty-mouth), but just means bonkers, which she is. If you want her to sit, you may try saying "bottom!" or perhaps "Pixie sit bottom", which works roughly one third of the time. The other two thirds of the time you may as well just sit down yourself. We've just been for a nice long walk, during which she managed to wrap the lead around a tree only once, which is an improvement on yesterday’s walk. She's currently asleep in her basket in the study by my desk. It's cold out tonight, but a dry cold that's quite refreshing. There was the very lightest dusting of dry powdery snow this afternoon. According to the lady in the paint shop, Sweden is having very odd weather this year. I think there is supposed to be a lot more snow.

Today, I finished the first coat on the walls in the bedroom, so that it can be finished tomorrow. I also put two coats on the living room window (the window that I unaccountably missed before) and finished the last eight carpet squares, having moved the huge pile of damaged tiles that was in the way. I also went shopping for groceries and bought more paint. I picked up some colour charts as well, so I'm hoping to have the paint selected and bought in time for the weekend, when I can spend two days painting the relaxation suite. Magnolia for the hallways, dark red and almond white for the bathroom, light grey/blue for my bedroom and I can't paint Sara's bedroom because it hasn't been built yet...

No comments: